Industrial Brothers is crewing up for an exciting Season 2 of Dino Ranch, the #1 U.S. cable series among kids 2-5. We're looking for an experienced Series Director to join our team!
Industrial Brothers is a full-service animation studio that creates and produces its own children’s content.
Driven by the imagination of its artists, led by the dedication of its producers and inspired by the innovation of its tech team, Industrial Brothers has created brands that span across toys, TVs and interactive experiences.
This is a key leadership role that partners with the Producer, one other Director, and Creative Executives to execute the creative vision while working within the schedule and budget for the series. This project is slated to have two Directors taking on alternate episodes. The Directors work closely with show Leads, Supervisors, and Artists to manage the process. It is expected that the Directors can deal with frequently changing schedules and tight deadlines while also keeping in sync with the style of the series. The role requires collaboration with a diverse group of people in a fast-paced environment. The Director will support all production aspects of new animation features from concept to completion, including oversight of in-house production, and leads all aspects of the relationship with partner studios. Drives a positive relationship with artistic talent and production staff. Requires strong communication skills along with a firm understanding of the animation feature pipeline.
- Thorough understanding of cinematography and camera techniques.
- Work closely with Producer and Client to meet defined milestones and deadlines.
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with Producers, Partner Studios, internal departments
- Identify talent to support all phases of production.
- Work with Producers, Line Producers and management to identify, mentor and grow the next generation of production and artist talent within the studio.
- Serve as advisor for all production teams by guiding the process, pipeline efficiencies, training, reporting and problem-solving.
- Bring a passion for producing cutting-edge, forward-thinking content.
- Provide suggested changes/comments/feedback/creative solutions in all areas of the production pipeline, creative judgment, and animation timing.
- Ensure quality standards for a finished project using established 3D animation practices and processes.
- Ability to clearly communicate an artistic vision to the team while providing appropriate guidance.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external creative approval personnel.
- Serve as a key contributor in setting the long-term vision for production for the studio.
- Cultivate strong relationships within the animation community to attract the best talent.
- Represent Industrial Brothers at industry events.
- Build strong teams around projects according to each series evolving needs and budgets.
- Be dedicated to making key production decisions and eliciting inventive ideas; promote a culture of collaboration between leadership on shows and facilitate feedback throughout their process.
- Stay on top of key industry trends, emerging technology, competitors slates.
- 5+ yrs in a Director role on animated series or film
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Experience and knowledge of a variety of animation mediums (traditional hand-drawn animation, CG animation, and others)
- Experience with the various stages of production (pre-production, production and post-production) in multiple mediums
- Think critically and analytically. Must have a high aptitude for planning and tactical execution.
- Portfolio or reel to showcase work experience
- Ontario residency and Canadian Citizenship are required.
Ontario residency and Canadian Citizenship required.
Interested candidates to share the link their demo reels, along with their resume.
Industrial Brothers is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
All candidates MUST be a Canadian Citizen or have PR Status or have an Open Work Permit. We are not able to review applications from artist that are non Citizens/PR/Work Permit holders.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.