Industrial Brothers is looking for a Shot Planner / CG Layout Artist for our exciting new CG animated action adventure series for Netflix!
Industrial Brothers is a full-service animation studio that creates and produces its own children’s content.
Driven by the imagination of its artists, led by the dedication of its producers and inspired by the innovation of its tech team, Industrial Brothers has created brands that span across toys, TVs and interactive experiences.
Industrial Brothers is currently looking for a 2D/3D Shot Planner/ CG Layout Artist. A Shot Planner/ CG Layout Artist works closely with the Layout Department to design and execute 2D/3D shots.
Embracing classic 2D multi-plane techniques as well as contemporary compositing techniques and utilizing and incorporating 3D assets where needed. Setting up shots for the 2D Animators to work efficiently, creating Camera Guides and Field Keys. Using a strong sense of film making in terms of shot composition and movement to support the storytelling.
- Design and execute 2D Multi-plane shots
- Prepare and set up Nuke scenes with 2d and 3d elements
- Collaborate with other departments such as Layout, Pre-Vis, Workbook and Animation
- Set up image sizes and formats for the background and layout departments
- Solve contact and perspective issues
- Work within the established workflow and pipeline, paying attention to image resolutions and practical needs for Animation and Layout artists
- Possess excellent understanding of 2d animation processes and camera mechanics and cinematic composition
- 2 years experience with Nuke in 2d feature films
- Strong technical understanding of Nuke, both in 2d and 3d
- Experience with ToonBoom Harmony is convenient
- Core toolset is Nuke with experience in Maya, Toonboom Harmony, Storyboard Pro a bonus
- Experience in Layout and Storyboarding a plus
- Be neat and methodical
- Understand editing and film structure
- Have good communication skills
- Have good team-working skills
- Be able to deliver on schedule, working calmly and efficiently under pressure
- Be able to take direction and be willing to address constructive feedback
- Show respect for the procedures and requirements of the studio production and pipeline
- All crew must have at least 2-5 years experience working in the animation or film industry. Working in pre-school or children’s TV is a plus. Ontario residency and Canadian Citizenship required.
Ontario residency and Canadian Citizenship required.
Interested candidates to share the link their demo reels, along with their resume.
Industrial Brothers is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
All candidates MUST be a Canadian Citizen or have PR Status or have an Open Work Permit. We are not able to review applications from artist that are non Citizens/PR/Work Permit holders.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.