Industrial Brothers is currently looking for enthusiastic Modelers to join the team for our new CG animated action adventure series for Netflix!
Industrial Brothers is a full-service animation studio that creates and produces its own children’s content. Driven by the imagination of its artists , lead by the dedication of its producers, and inspired by the innovation of its tech team, Industrial Brothers have created brands that span across toys, TVs and interactive experiences.
As a 3D modeler, you will be taking concept art and breathing life into it by creating virtual worlds and characters. You will have amazing spatial skills and a well honed sense of colour and design to help you succeed.
- Block in Props and Environments with proper Hierarchy/Scale so that the assets can be used in Shot Planning prior to up-rezing
- Able to apply modular modeling approaches to Environments
- Model appealing production friendly Characters/Environments for a television series based on 2D Designs
- Identify problems in 2D Designs and provide well thought out solutions
- Use 3D modeling software to retopologize sculpted objects optimally for rigging, texturing, and animation
- Work with Rigging Department to generate blend shapes and corrective-pose shapes
- Ability to work with a studio/uber mesh for all humanoid bipeds
- Make sure work is completed and delivered per schedule
- Keep current on modeling techniques and technology and propose new tools/methodologies
- 2 -3 years experience working as a 3D Modeler.
- Extensive knowledge in subdivision-modeling polygonal objects, using Maya, Zbrush, 3DS Max, and/or art packages.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to understand and interpret 2D Environment/Character Designs in 3D
- The ideal candidate would have strong practical and digital sculpting skills
- Ability to communicate creatively and technically to your teammates
- Self-motivated and able to stay on task while working remotely.
- Background in Animation
- Familiarity with Autodesk Shotgun is an asset
- Strong 2D Skills is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of USD is an asset.
- Love for Animation!
Ontario residency and Canadian Citizenship required.
Interested candidates to share the link their demo reels, along with their resume.
Industrial Brothers is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
All candidates MUST be a Canadian Citizen or have PR Status or have an Open Work Permit. We are not able to review applications from artist that are non Citizens/PR/Work Permit holders.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.