We are currently putting together a team for our hit preschool tv series and we’re eager to hear from you!
Industrial Brothers is a full-service animation studio that creates and produces its own children’s content.
Driven by the imagination of its artists , lead by the dedication of its producers and inspired by the innovation of its tech team, Industrial Brothers have created brands that span across toys, TVs and interactive experiences.
As an Art Director you will be at the helm of the creation of a rich and captivating world. You are fundamental to the development of a show: a member of the core team, the connection between the creative vision and the artists, the voice of the art team, and a brand ambassador. A visionary who motivates, inspires, and supports an artistic team to transform concepts to reality. As an empathetic leader, you not only provide your team with guidance, but you let their encouraged ideas shape the artistic direction you set. You have the talent and known expertise to jump in and help produce visual content that is aligned with the creative vision and is, of course, quality.
- Work with the producer and core creative team to define the vision, with an emphasis on putting forward the best creative work with the least amount of effort.
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints.
- Partner with the design team and director to develop the artistic tone to meet project expectations within the allocated schedule.
- Coordinate and oversee the art team throughout production.
- Provide leadership and constructive feedback to achieve quality.
- Collaborate with members of interdependent teams in all stages of production.
- Ensure timelines and deliveries are met and stay on schedule, projecting and communicating any delays in advance to the Producer.
- Provide feedback to better the visual outcome. Finding creative compromises when necessary for budget scope/ schedule.
- Develop and set project expectations with episodic design packs.
- Ensure the artistic vision set in pre-production is carried through layout, lighting and compositing through to delivery of final frames.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience art directing, ideally with preschool experience.
- Experience working with overseas service partners is an asset.
- Solid professional communication skills with exceptional focus on positivity and a friendly nature
- Excellent artistic, technical, and creative skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize and follow through in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Be proactive and solution oriented.
Interested candidates to share the link their demo reels, along with their resume.
Industrial Brothers is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All candidates MUST be a Canadian Citizen or have PR Status, or have an Open Work Permit. We are not able to review applications from artist that are non Citizens/PR/Work Permit holders.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.