Industrial Brothers is looking for a Storyboard Artist to join our team for our exciting new animated series productions!
Industrial Brothers is a full-service animation studio that creates and produces its own children's content.
Driven by the imagination of its artists, led by the dedication of its producers and inspired by the innovation of its tech team, Industrial Brothers has created brands that span across toys, TVs and interactive experiences.
You are a creator of storyboards reflecting the scenes and sequences from the Director’s vision of how the scenes should look.
- Collaborating with the Director and Storyboard team to create high-quality, dynamic storyboard panels
- Studying scripts to determine artistic interpretation and design boards in conjunction with the Supervising Director/Producer
- Maintaining awareness of the show’s continuity and ensuring the style and quality of the production is consistently met in board work
- Communicating progress or issues with Directors, Storyboard Supervisor and Production to ensure all deadlines are met
- Consulting with the Director to approve the final storyboard panels and making revisions as needed
- Communicating ideas effectively and recommending solutions to help interpret the script visually
- Mentoring and supporting other Storyboard Artists and Revisionists
- Maximizing the re-use of assets with minor changes when the production schedule calls for it
- Assisting with and completing production-related assignments
- Keeping current on storyboarding techniques and technology
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Storyboard Artist on an animated series
- Degree/Diploma from a recognized animation school
- You are familiar with and have experience with 3D Animation pipelines
- Experience with short format storytelling is an asset
- You are known for both your drawing skills and your sense of humour!
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
- Strong drawing skills and sense of design, character, and composition
- Strong sense of acting and timing
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work digitally (Cintiq with Sketchbook, Photoshop, or Flash, etc.)
- Experience working in short format episodic space is an asset
Ontario residency and Canadian Citizenship required.
Interested candidates to share the link their demo reels, along with their resume.
Industrial Brothers is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
All candidates MUST be a Canadian Citizen or have PR Status or have an Open Work Permit. We are not able to review applications from artist that are non Citizens/PR/Work Permit holders.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.