Industrial Brothers is looking for an experienced and talented Storyboard Artist to join the team on one of our 2D Primetime animated series. The storyboard artist must have a passion for drawing and translating a story into a visual medium.
Industrial Brothers is a full-service animation studio that creates and produces its own children's content.
Driven by the imagination of its artists, led by the dedication of its producers and inspired by the innovation of its tech team, Industrial Brothers has created brands that span across toys, TVs and interactive experiences.
You are a creator of storyboards reflecting the scenes and sequences from the Director’s vision of how the scenes should look.
- Collaborating with the Director and Storyboard team to create high-quality, dynamic storyboard panels
- Studying scripts to determine artistic interpretation and design boards in conjunction with the Supervising Director/Producer to produce fully realized storyboards, including action descriptions, dialogue, camera moves, cuts, hook-ups, etc.
- Maintaining awareness of the show’s continuity and ensuring the style and quality of the production is consistently met in board work
- Communicating progress or issues with Directors, Storyboard Supervisor and Production to ensure all deadlines are met
- Consulting with the Director to approve the final storyboard panels and making revisions as needed
- Communicating ideas effectively and recommending solutions to help interpret the script visually
- Mentoring and supporting other Storyboard Artists and Revisionists
- Maximizing the re-use of assets with minor changes when the production schedule calls for it
- Assisting with and completing production-related assignments
- Keeping current on storyboarding techniques and technology including action descriptions, dialogue, camera moves, cuts, hook-ups, etc.
- Collaborating with Director on the style and tone of the series
- Generating and communicating ideas to visually interpret the script and effectively producing solutions to overcome technical limitations
- Consulting with Director as to the feasibility of comedic or dramatic moments in the scripts and suggesting creative solutions that will maintain the vision of the series
- Pitching thumbnails / rough storyboards to Director
- Anticipating, communicating, and troubleshooting any creative or technical issues
- Using existing templates and following established formatting guidelines and naming conventions
- Addressing all revisions and notes from Storyboard Supervisor and Directors as necessary
- 5+ years’ experience as a Storyboard Artist for a 2D animated series
- Exceptional drawing skills and sense of appeal, design, character, staging and composition
- Excellent understanding of storytelling principles and techniques
- Strong posing, acting, and dramatic and comedic timing skills
- Capable of receiving constructive feedback in a professional and positive manner
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Strong drawing abilities
- Outstanding communication skills
- Experience working with Storyboard Pro is an asset
- Experience working on a primetime comedy series
Ontario residency and Canadian Citizenship required.
Interested candidates to share the link their demo reels, along with their resume.
Industrial Brothers is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
All candidates MUST be a Canadian Citizen or have PR Status or have an Open Work Permit. We are not able to review applications from artist that are non Citizens/PR/Work Permit holders.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.